Mental Health and Wellbeing
At Vicarage Primary School we want to provide an effective and enjoyable teaching and learning environment, where children and young people flourish. We aim to promote the mental and physical health and emotional well-being for our staff, parents and pupils. Well-being is at the forefront of the school’s curriculum and promoting good mental health is a priority.
Our role in school is to ensure that children are able to manage times of change and stress, and that they are supported to reach their potential or access help when they need it. We also have a role to ensure that children learn about what they can do to maintain positive mental health, what affects their mental health, how they can help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues, and where they can go if they need help and support.
Our aim is to help develop the protective factors which build resilience to mental health problems and to be a school where:
- All children are valued
- Children have a sense of belonging and feel safe
- Children feel able to talk openly with trusted adults about their problems without feeling any stigma
- Positive mental health is promoted and valued
- Bullying is not tolerated
We want all our children to:
- Feel confident in themselves
- Be able to express a range of emotions appropriately
- Be able to make and maintain positive relationships with others
- Cope with the stresses of everyday life.
- Manage times of stress and be able to deal with change.
- Learn and achieve
Please see below useful links and information;