At Vicarage Primary School we receive a Pupil Premium Grant for each pupil who is entitled to Free School Meals or for our Looked After Children.
Our aims for the Pupil Premium Grant are to diminish the gaps for our disadvantaged pupils by focusing on:
- Low and persistent absence as well as mobility factors
- Learning difficulties related to SEND
- Social, emotional, behaviour as well as mental health issues
|Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received|
Our provision includes;
- Small group reading and phonics intervention sessions
- Year 5 Creative Writing Retreat. This residential visit is designed to let pupils explore the great outdoors and to spend four days developing their creative writing through poetry.
- Inter-School Borough competitions whereby pupils take part in Spelling Bee, Debate Mate, Geography Bee, Maths Bee/ Speech Making Debate Competition
- To promote aspirations and access to higher education through visits to universities through The Brilliant Club Programme
- Pupils have the opportunity to take part in World of Work Week to develop their innovative and creative skills
- Before and after school booster sessions and Easter and Summer school