At Vicarage Primary School we receive a Pupil Premium Grant for each pupil who are entitled to Free School Meals or for our Looked After Children.
Our aims for the Pupil premium Grant are to diminish the gaps for our socially disadvantaged pupils through focusing on:
- Low and persistent absence as well as mobility factors
- Learning difficulties related to SEND
- Improving our limited out of school hours provision
- Improving the attendance and punctuality of key groups, including boys, mid phase admission and SEND pupils
- Ensuring that individual needs are identified and addressed so that the gap between vulnerable groups and others nationally is diminished at a rapid pace
- Providing more opportunities for pupils to have extracurricular activities that will enhance their education and promote life skills
|Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received|
Our provision includes small group reading and phonics intervention sessions, Year 5 Creative Writing Retreat. This residential visit is designed to let pupils explore the great outdoors and to spend four days developing their creative writing through poetry November 2018) with 10 children, In school and after school reading book library sessions, Inter-School Borough competitions whereby pupils take part in Spelling Bee, Debate Mate, Geography Bee, Maths Bee/ Speech Making Debate Competition, To promote aspirations and access to higher education through visits to universities through The Brilliant Club Programme and visits to Oxford and Cambridge Universities, Identification of Needs and Support for pupils with learning difficulties and or behaviour difficulties, Before and after school booster sessions, pupils who are working below expected are given extra tuition sessions to diminish the gaps and to develop provision in EYFS RWI workshops for EYFS/Year 1.